• Presented service awards to long tenured employees
o Rocky Earls, Fire Dept. – 30 years
o Michael Sides, Transit – 30 years
o Dixie Wells, Police – 30 years
o Pete Kennedy, Traffic – 35 years
o Mark Burchim, Engineering – 40 years
• Received an update on water quality issues and progress
• Appointed Yuan Zou to the Sister City Commission
• Approved Resolution No. 2089 authorizing a property tax levy which is 101.0167% of the 2013 levy.
• Approved Ordinance No. 3256 setting the ad valorem tax levy rate for 2014 at $3.423605 per $1000 of assessed value.
• Approved Resolution No. 2090 to defer Community Development Department permit fee increases until January 2015.
• Approved Resolution No. 2091 to correct an error in the aesthetic water quality rates for commercial customers.
• Confirmed the dates for the 2014 city council retreat as January 31 and February 1, 2014.
• Set the public hearing date for the Pacific Fibre annexation for the December 12, 2013 city council meeting.
• Approved the purchase of one Gillig public transit bus using a cooperative purchasing option from the Delaware Transit Corporation, in the amount of $450,000.