September 12 City Council Meeting in brief
• Issued a proclamation for National Mental Recovery Month regarding mental health.
• Held a public hearing and directed the city attorney to prepare a resolution adopting findings to support the moratorium previously adopted by the city council regarding locating recreational marijuana land uses in the city.
• Directed the city attorney to prepare an ordinance amending the zoning code to allow indoor shooting ranges.
• Appointed Alice Watkins to the Parks and Recreation Board.
• Approved allocating up to $37,500 to match funds, material, and services contributed for completing the Shay Pavilion to locate the Shay Locomotive near the Longview Public Library.
• Approved a merit increase for the city manager.
• Directed staff to request that Ameresco award the building lighting retrofit to Busack Electric.
• Directed staff to request that Ameresco include a 10% local preference factor for bidding the digital heating and ventilation control system.