Risk Management is responsible for the mitigation of accidental, business, and personnel losses through the management of the city Loss Control Program.
The Loss Control Program includes:
Special Event Insurance Option:
- Identifying, measuring, analyzing and mitigating risks associated with city operations and department functions.
- Manage accidental losses and through the root cause analysis process. Develop strategies to mitigate, substitute or eliminate future risks associated with such losses.
- Administer and manage property, automobile, liability and other related insurance programs.
- Provide insurance application and coordination of insurance premiums.
- Working with the city clerk, coordinate and manage all loss claims processing. Claims processing includes claims submitted against the city, and claims that the city has filed to recover costs associated with damage to public property or infrastructure.
- Serves department managers by providing current best management practices to reduce liability and exposure in areas including but not limited to: Administration, Police, Fire, Library, Fleet & Facilities Management, Parks & Recreation, Human Resources, Public Works and Transit.
- Serves elected department representatives on the city Accident Prevention Committee and works with department managers and staff to meet work related regulatory and training requirements as required by the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Washington State Labor & Industries, Department of Occupational Safety and Health.
Under Longview Municipal Code, LMC 7.40.080, insurance is required many types of special events. In meeting this requirement, the City of Longview offers the ability to purchase this insurance through a provider of the Washington Cities Insurance Authority. This insurance is provided under the Tenant User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP).
To obtain a quote and/or purchase special event insurance, please follow the outlined procedures at the following web link: http://www.wciapool.org/insurances/tulip
Risk & Safety Manager
P.O. Box 128
Longview, WA 98632
For loss claims information contact:
Kaylee Cody, City Clerk
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Monday thru Thursday
(Except Legal Holidays)