Disaster Recover Center - Longview


Cowlitz County Training Center (The Boat House)
1942 First Ave, Longview, WA 98632


Monday-Saturday 9a.m.-7p.m.
Sunday 9am-6pm, until further notice

Apply By Phone:

1-800-621-FEMA(3362) (TTY 1-800-462-7585)
8a.m. - 8p.m., 7 days a week

Register on the Internet: www.disasterassistance.gov

You may be eligible for disaster assistance if you are a homeowner, renter or business owner affected by the severe storms, flooding, landslides and mudslides from January 6 to January 16, 2009.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status.

SBA Disaster Assistance

Federal Disaster Loans for Homeowners, Renters, and Businesses of All Sizes

Getting Disaster Help from SBA

What you need to know:

  • If you are a homeowner or renter, FEMA may refer you to SBA. SBA disaster loans are the primary source of money to pay for repair or replacement costs not fully covered by insurance or other compensation.
  • SBA offers low-interest disaster loans to homeowners, renters, business of all sizes and private, non-profit organizations.
  • Homeowners may borrow up to $200,000 to repair or replace their primary residence.
  • Homeowners and renters may borrow up to $40,000 to replace personal property.
  • Businesses may borrow up to $2 million for any combination of property damage or economic injury.
  • SBA offers low-interest working capital loans (called Economic Injury Disaster Loans) to small businesses and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes having difficulty meeting obligations as a result of the disaster.

What you need to do:

  • Being by registering with FEMA, if you haven't already done so, call (800) 621-3362.
  • Homeowners and renters should submit their SBA disaster loan application even if they are not sure if they will need or want a loan, if SBA cannot approve your application, in most cases they refer you to FEMA's Other Needs Assistance (ONA) program for possible additional assistance.

Three ways to apply to SBA (after you register with FEMA):

  • Apply in person at any Disaster Recovery Center and receive personal, one-on-one help from an SBA representative. For information or to find a location near you, call SBA at (800) 659-2955 or visit their website at: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance and "Click here for information on SBA's Disaster Recovery Centers."
  • You may apply online using SBA's Electronic Loan Application at: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
  • You may complete a paper application and mail it to SBA at: 14925 Kingsport Rd., Ft. Worth, TX 76155-2243.

Disaster Assistance Referral List (Updated 2/6/2009)

Reference Phone / Web Address Agency
Aging Services 800-442-3263
WA DSHS Aging & Disability Services
Agricultural Aid 360-902-1800
WA State Department of Agriculture
ARC 866-GET-INFO (438-4636)
American Red Cross
Consumer Services 206-464-6684
WA Attorney General Consumer Protection Division
Contractors 800-647-0982
WA Department of Labour & Industries
Unemployment 800-318-6022
WA Employment Security Department
Food Stamps 800-865-7801
WA DSHS Community Services
Fraud 800-323-8603 FEMA Fraud Hotline Office of Inspector General
Health 800-556-8744
WA Dept. of Health
Hazard Mitigation 800-621-FEMA or
HUD 877-741-3281
WA Housing and Urban Development
Insurance Info 800-562-6900
Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner
Insurance NFIP 800-638-6620
National Flood Insurance Program
Disaster Loans and Grants 360-704-7740
WA USDA State Farm Service Agency
Disaster Legal Services 800-945-9722
Washington State Bar Association
Social Security 800-772-1213
TTY: 800-325-0778
Social Security Administration
Federal Tax Assistance 800-829-1040
U.S. Internal Revenue Service
State Tax Assistance 800-647-7706
WA Department of Revenue
Veterans Affairs 800-562-2308
Department of Veterans Affairs
Last updated: 7/10/2018 11:20:50 AM