January 23 City Council Meeting in brief
• Received a status update regarding drinking water quality issues.
• Accepted the planning commission recommendation and directed the city attorney to prepare an ordinance for consideration to increase the maximum density allowed from 25 units to 35 units per acre in the R-3 and R-4 residential zones.
• Adopted Ordinance No. 3261 extending the moratorium regarding recreational marijuana for another 90 days and setting a public hearing for February 13, 2014 to receive comments on the moratorium extension.
• Approved Resolution No. 2097 accepting a Dept. of Ecology grant to develop a regional aquatic habitat monitoring program and authorizing an interlocal agreement with the Lower Columbia Fish Recovery Board to complete the tasks of the grant.
• Approved Resolution No. 2098 approving a fire and emergency services contract with Cowlitz County for the existing landfill location.
• Approved the agenda for the city council retreat to be held January 31 and February 1.
• Accepted as complete the Mint Valley Racquet Complex and Signmasters Building roof replacement project.
• Received a presentation regarding the fire department’s EMS transport services.
• Authorized a 2014 Tourism Fund allocation of $5,000 to the City of Kelso toward operating expenses for the Kelso-Longview Visitor’s Center.
• Authorized a contract with Washington Department of Transportation to provide aerial photography services at an estimated cost of $36,100.