City Info Weekly - 2013/05/15
The City Info Weekly Page is updated every Wednesday
May 9 City Council Meeting in brief
- Presented a proclamation for National Bike To Work Week – May 13 to 17, 2013
- Presented a proclamation for National Salvation Army Week – May 13 to 19, 2013
- Presented a proclamation for National Police Week – May 12 to 18, 2013
- Presented a proclamation for Older American Month – May 2013
- Allocated $300,000 of the Kuntz Fund to complete R.A. Long Park Master Plan Phase 1 improvements, correct all sidewalk and pathway trip hazards in the park, and complete as much additional Master Plan improvements as funding allows. This funding is in addition to $100,000 already allocated in the Capital Projects Fund for this project.
- Approved adding homes at 1136 Kessler Blvd. and 1628 22nd Ave. to the Longview Historic Register, and supporting the application for the 22nd Ave. home to be added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Approved a contract with Kittelson & Associates for traffic analysis for pedestrian improvements on Washington Way at Commerce Ave.
- Approved a contract with Kittelson & Associates for traffic analysis for pedestrian improvements on 15th Ave. from Hemlock Street to Washington Way.
Interested in Volunteering for the 2013 Summer Reading Program?
Commit to ten hours over the course of 8 weeks in June, July and August, and have fun while encouraging literacy in our community! The volunteer program is open to adults and students entering High School in September 2013 (or older). First-timers need to attend an orientation session on Saturday, June 1 from 3:30 - 5 p.m. Please call 360.442.5301 to reserve your volunteer packet.
Our 2013 themes will be “Dig Into Reading” for Children and “Beneath the Surface” for Teens.
This program is proven to improve literacy skills and is a ton of fun!
Space Limited; Sign up Now!
10 hours=minimum commitment,
20 hours = a free lanyard,
30 hours=a free T-shirt,
40=invitation to Breakfast of Champions
More information: Contact Jan E.V.W. Hanson, youth services librarian, at 442-5323, or email her at email@example.com.
DRAFT 2013 Annual Plan for HOME and CDBG Available for Public Comment
The City has issued a draft plan for 2013 HOME and CDBG activities which is now available for public comment through June 12. The 2013 Annual Plan Draft can be reviewed on the City’s website at http://www.mylongview.com/communitydev/cdbg.html under Important Links. The plan also summarizes all HOME and CDBG projects from 209 through 2012. 2013 HOME and CDBG activities and plan information can be viewed online.
Comments by E-mail will be accepted sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the Subject Line: “Comment for the Draft 2013 Annual Plan.”
For more information about the Draft 2013 Annual HOME (HOME Investment Partnership Program) & CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) Plan please call Julie Hourcle’, Longview Community Development at 442.5081.